Every Febuary 14th across the United States and other places around the world, candy, flowers and gifts are exchanged between loved ones. All in the name of St. Valentine, a pagan Saint that died in approximately 270 AD. Modern day Valentines Day brings thoughts of flowers. Red roses always come to mind, but modern flower givers have discovered that personalizing the flowers receives a much better response from the one you love.
Consider the following ideas for a change of pace, unless you know the roses are the only thing that will say “I Love You.”
- A long lasting blooming plant, orchid, azalea, cyclamen.
- Bulb Garden. Everyone is looking for a sign of Spring. Most are grown more locally than fresh flowers.
- Mixed bouquet. Your message may be made with a combination of roses and other fresh flowers with more money in your pocket.
- Consider the receiver. If she truly is a daisy girl, more expensive flowers may not be what makes her happiest.
- Talk to your florist and work out the best arrangement for her. Call 507-259-9506 to order flowers in Rochester, MN.